Can there be any other title for the Story of My Life by Helen Keller?

I believe that the question is asking if it is possible that there could be an alternative title to Helen Keller's autobiography The Story of My Life.


Yes, there could be alternative titles.  


I'm sure Helen Keller thought of multiple titles before choosing the final title.  


Helen Keller did not have an easy life because of her multiple disabilities, but she overcame a great deal.  A possible title could have been My Struggle....

I believe that the question is asking if it is possible that there could be an alternative title to Helen Keller's autobiography The Story of My Life.


Yes, there could be alternative titles.  


I'm sure Helen Keller thought of multiple titles before choosing the final title.  


Helen Keller did not have an easy life because of her multiple disabilities, but she overcame a great deal.  A possible title could have been My Struggle. Perhaps then Hitler would have been forced to rethink his autobiography's title.  


Since Helen Keller used "my" in the title, it appears that she wanted the title to focus on herself.  Perhaps How I See the World would have worked for a title.  Or How I See Things would work, but it is very similar to the previous title.  


The alternative title could remove the "I," "me," or "my" from the title and go for something mysterious and catchy.  I had a student suggest Through Darkness and Silence as a possible title.  I like that title a lot, but it does make me think of submarine warfare.  The story of Louis Zamperini, written by Laura Hillenbrand, went with a one word title -- Unbroken.  The title captures the unbreakable spirit of the man.  An alternative title to Helen Keller's book could do the same one word idea.  I like Perseverance as a possible title.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are the problems with Uganda's government?

Youth unemployment and corruption are two problems that face the Ugandan government. Modern governments all over the world face many problem...